Clapp Communications knows the communications industry inside and out. Through our Industry Insider series we will be sharing fun tips and the latest industry news and happenings. Follow along!
Industry Insider: Marketing Data to Measure Your Branding Strategy
How do your customers view your company and its products and services? What are you doing to engage them and create a truly memorable customer experience? Following is a collection of statistics that to help you gauge your current brand strategy.
Your Design and Deliverables
Exploring color to reflect your company’s personality
- A signature color can boost brand recognition by 80 percent.
- One-third (33%) of the top 100 brands use the color blue in their logo. The color blue is generally used to create a sensation of security and trust, which is particularly important for companies that operate solely online.
Choosing the kind of content you produce
- 72 percent of marketers say branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine.
- Companies with blogs produce 67 percent more leads per month than companies who don’t have a blog. In fact, blogs account for 434 percent more of indexed pages on Google.
- 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. Additionally, almost 50 percent of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
Your Quality and Integrity
Maintaining your customer’s loyalty
- A 2016 survey found that 94 percent of all consumers are more likely to be loyal to a brand when it commits to full transparency.
- 80 Percent of consumers said “authenticity of content” is the most influential factor in their decision to become a follower of a brand. This includes credibility, so always ensure it is accurate and sourced correctly.
- When it comes to Millennials, 62 percent believe that online content drives their loyalty to a brand. Furthermore, if you want to gain brand loyalty from Millennials, it’s vital to share that content through social media.
Keeping tabs on negative customer feedback
- There are 2.1 million negative social mentions about brands every single day in the US.
- 45 percent of people surveyed by BuzzStream said they would unfollow a brand on social media if their platform is dominated by “too much” self-promotion.